1. GETTING STARTED
1.1. Who Can Join Provio
If you are an experienced finance professional who works in investment banking, hedge fund, private equity or fund management, you can join Provio. Also, if you have formerly worked in finance and have moved on to a different industry, you can join Provio.
1.2. Creating Provio Account
After you start your sign up process on Provio, either directly or by invitation, you will receive a confirmation message to the email account you provided. Clicking the verification link in that email will launch the account creation flow on Provio. Subsequently, you simply need to follow the on-screen instructions and complete constructing your profile and and resume. We have made the account creation as easy and quick as humanly possible.
You are able to finish the account creation at any time you wish by clicking the ‘finish’ button at the bottom of each page. You can then return to your account and complete your profile and/or resume subsequently.
If you have signed up with Provio without an invitation from an existing member, you will need to provide Provio proof that you work in finance within 48hrs of creating your account. This is to ensure that all Provio users currently work in finance or have previously done so.
In case you have any problems in creating your account, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond to your query as soon as possible.
1.3. How to Get Verified
To be a verified Provio member, you must:
- work (or have experience) in investment banking, hedge funds, private equity or fund management,
- send us proof that our work in finance,
- get a reference or invitation from an existing member
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or sign in.
Note that administrators, IT professionals, and other professionals working in finance cannot be verified on Provio.
2. MANAGE ACCOUNT SETTINGS
2.1. Forgot Password
To reset your password, enter the email address you used to create your account here: Reset my password. We’ll send an email to reset your password right away.
If you tried to reset your password, but didn’t receive an email to reset your password:
- Please check your spam folder, in case the email is misdirected.
- The Reset Password email was sent to the email address associated with your account. If your email changed, you may need to resubmit the Reset Your Password request with the correct email.
2.2. Forgot Login Email
If you forgot which email address you use to log in to Provio, please Submit a Request including your name, function, and location to our Support team and they will help you retrieve your login information.
2.3. Changing Your Password
You can change your password for your Provio account under ‘Account Settings’ after you have logged into your account.
Under Change your password, enter your old password, your new password and then re-enter your new password to confirm the change.
2.4. Changing Your Settings
You can review or change your account settings on the under ‘Account Settings’ after you have logged into your account.
2.5. Changing Your Login Email
You can change your email login for your Provio account under ‘Account Settings’ after you have logged into your account.
Under Account Emails, click Add an Email Address to change your account login. An email will be sent to your new email address with instructions on how to confirm the change.
3. YOUR PROFILE & RESUME
3.1. Editing Your Profile
Your Provio profile captures professional details like your current position, company (visible only if you choose), work history, skills, and with skills tags you can ensure that recruiters find you quickly for the specific skillsets they’re looking for. You can also add Alumni (school, firm) if you like.
To edit your profile, sign in and click the Profile tab on the left hand side. Under Profile, you will see the options to edit all your profile fields and a link to edit your Resume.
3.2. Editing Your Resume
To edit your resume, click Profile and in the select ‘Resume’ in the submenu of the tab. This will take you to the Edite Resume page where you can easily edit the resume. You can also easily ‘Share’ your resume with anyone in the Provio system and email it externally in pdf format.
If you are struggling to edit your resume, you can also use ‘Upload’ resume function here. You can send you resume to our concierge service (and we’ll do it for you) or upload into the system. The resume will be parsed and you can the edit it to your liking. This is very quick and easy way to build your Provio resume.
3.3. Finding Your Colleague
Access your colleagues and find new connections under the Network -> Colleagues tab. You search and find new contacts simply typing a name in the search box in the header.
- Colleagues are your professional acquaintances and friends. Inviting them to connect with you simply means they are added to your online address book on Provio. Consider it your rolodex of all your finance contacts. They stay private. Provio doesn’t enable any visibility for members’ contact lists.
- Once you connect with someone, you will no longer be anonymous to that person on Provio.
- You will find more colleagues by maintaining a public profile, but it is of course entirely up to you.
- You have the option to share private contact details including your personal phone number and email with select colleagues. You can Edit who has access to your private information in Privacy Settings (under Accont Settings)
4. CAREER TOOLS
4.1. Finding A Job
Whether you’re searching for the next high-paying career opportunity or simply curious about other opportunities, or you just want to stay in the job market and be visible to recruiters 24/7, there are many ways to leverage Provio to enhance your career.
Your Provio profile and resume is exclusive to Provio. It’s your calling card and it’s important to keep it up to date. Recruiters comb through the database continuously in order to fill the best finance opportunitites with the best qualified candidates. The benefit of Provio is:
- Edit your profile quickly and easily.
- Set your skill tags to be found easily and quickly and matched accurately with your skillsets.
- Compare finance industry salary data against your current earnings in Provio’s comprehensive salary comparison tool.
- Privately browse high-end career opportunities in Provio’s jobs database by specialty and location.
4.2. Compare Salaries Using Provio’s Salary Comparison Tool
Provio has built the first-ever salary comparison tool for finance professionals. Your anonymous compensation details will be added to the thousands we’ve already collected, providing greater transparency in finance professionals’ salary and bonus trends globally. Follow these directions to get started.
- Login to your account and click ‘Industry Salaries’ tab on the left side of the page.
- Anonymously enter your salary and bonus (previous year), title, job function, country, city, company (optional), and years of experience.
- Salaries and bonus levels will be unlocked in your specific location. You can view how your salary then compares in other locations.
- Your contribution will always be anonymous—no personally identifying information will ever be displayed alongside your salary or bonus estimate.
PLEASE NOTE: Provio has built this feature as completely anonymous, private and secure. It will not be possible to match your contribution with your identity.
5. OTHER QUESTIONS
5.1. I’m interested in using Provio to hire finance professionals
If you are looking for talent for your organization, there are two ways in which Provio can you:
- You can simply login to your account and click on the CRD (Confidential Resume Database) tab on the left side of the page. This will take you to Provio’s resume database where you search for all resumes in the system. The benefit of the CRD is that it applies special ‘skill tags’ with each resume. This enables you to easily match your specific needs with candidates’ skills (which each member has specified in their resumes).
- Get in touch with us by emailing to email@example.com We can offer to help you find the right candidates in our database as well.
5.2. How does Provio protect users’ privacy?
5.3. How does Provio make money?
Provio generates revenue by connecting experienced finance professionals to high-level career opportunities based on their career history, specialisation, location, and specific skills. We work with recruiters, headhunters, investment banks, hedge funds, private equity groups looking for high-caliber financiers with specific expertise in money/portfolio management, trading, deal-making, operations and others.
- 1. GETTING STARTED
- 2. MANAGE ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- 3. YOUR PROFILE & RESUME
- 4. CAREER TOOLS
- 5. OTHER QUESTIONS